The requirements for leadership roles and school principal jobs in Abu Dhabi are steep. The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is looking for highly qualified professionals who can take on responsibility in a challenging environment. You are an experienced school administrator or principal with at least 5 years of experience under your belt, and have worked in at least two different schools in a leadership position.
Ideally you currently hold a principal or vice-principal position that you've worked for several years. Besides being an experienced educational administrator, you have a background in academics and hold a master's degree in administration or another relevant field.
Below the required qualifications to be considered for a leadership position / school principal job with the Abu Dhabi Education Council:
- A master's degree or PhD
- School administration credential at a national, state or provincial level preferred
- A valid teaching licence from a national, state or provincial licencing authority
- Substantial and recent school leadership experience; at least 5 years
- A proven record of successfully implementing school improvement initiatives
- Leadership qualities that can be presented and quantified in a job interview
- Be a native speaker of English holding citizenship from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the United States