Principals and Vice-Principals in Abu Dhabi are well compensated for their hard work. As moving to another country is big enough of a hassle, the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) provides principals and vice-principals with services and compensation to make the transition as seamless as possible. This includes finding suitable accommodation and a settlement allowance to get comfortable in your new environment.
Housing is paid for with a housing allowance to cover rent. Health insurance is provided as well. During the long summer break, you'll be provided with a flight for the purpose of vacation - Emirates Airlines has a wide network to destinations worldwide so whether you want to fly home to visit family or take a vacation elsewhere, you'll be catered for.
The compensation and benefits package for a leadership or school principal job in Abu Dhabi includes the following:
- A tax-free salary in the range of $6,500 - $7,500 per month
- Housing allowance included in salary
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Settlement allowance for the purpuse of furnishing accommodation
- Health insurance provided
- Round-trip flights to and from the UAE for the applicant, spouse and up to 3 dependents
- 11 weeks paid vacation + national holidays
- Annual round-trip flight for vacation